From: Godfrey DiGiorgi

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
Right. I understand all that. Lots of different ways to make it work.

The sticking point has been finding a usable socket with the correct
thread to accept the old style cable release without having to murder an
old film camera.

Somewhere in my camera junk box I have an elastic/velcro gizmo that
wraps around a small camera and includes a threaded cable release
socket with delrin push button, specifically designed to do the
shutter release without damaging the button on cameras that don't have
port for a remote. But guess what? The expensive electrical remote
transmits less vibration to the camera and works better.

Yeah, but that expensive electrical remote won't convert the camera half
of the double cable release from the Auto Bellows A into a signal that
will trip the shutter while the lens is stopped down. Leaves me still
stuck with needing three hands.

I will have to take another look at those elastic/velcro gizmos though
to see if I can get a usable socket from one of them.