From: steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com>
Sent: October 1, 2012 10/1/12
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO - Worn Down - A Self Portrait

on 2012-09-25 19:44 knarftheria...@gmail.com wrote
> I was at Jet Fuel cafe in Toronto on Sunday morning. A friend of mine just
> got a Samsung Galaxy S III and we were comparing it to my S II. I was fooling
> around with mine a bit and "flipped" the camera around and took my own photo.
>
> Didn't think much of it until I looked at it again tonight. This was after
> two sleepless, painful nights since my accident. I am shocked at how bad I
> looked:
>

> http://www.photoshop.com/users/knarftheriault/assets/789af21513e448b5927d53aebf499270

not bad, really; shows you as thoughtful and down to earth

self-portraits are hard; my favorite of myself was an accident taken on a cold
light-rail ride home with my humble Canon G3; it has some similarities to your;
i use it as an avatar

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/hn91bsiuddeb7pc/IMG_6135_2.jpg?m>

> Can't imagine what having a chronic ailment must do to a person.

i just sold a tripod to a man who's had two bouts with Hodgkin's lymphoma, the
second requiring a stem cell transplant to recover from chemo, and in between
had a quadruple bypass; his hair was just growing in and he looked a bit
ragged, but his cheer was overriding, and i imagine yours is too, most days