lf

--
luiz felipe
luiz.felipe at luizfelipe.fot.br

Larry's light experiments:

When I sit out at night on the bench by the river in my back yard, I keep noticing the shadow cast by my bicycle onto the dance floor. Last night, I put my strobe on the upstairs back porch, with the shade to direct the light, and got some photos of the shadows cast. I'm not entirely pleased with the results, I'd like sharper shadows all of the way around. I had thought about putting the grid on the strobe, another possibility is taking the shade off (almost the opposite) which would make the light source smaller, and therfore sharper/harder. Another possibility would be some foil over the end of a shade with a smaller hold in the middle, for an even smaller relative light source.

Has anyone tried something along these lines? Or have other suggestions?

For reference, here is a shot from last night:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/8042908138/in/set-72157631665170226

note that the shadows are nice and sharp at the bottom, but a bit fuzzy and rough at top.

There are also probably other things I could do by setting the light up along the 30-50 foot length of the dance floor and deck, rather than the 20 foot width, and shooting down from a ladder to get a higher angle.