I never heard that one.  KJ is someone I've always respected from
history.  The UH Center has the other end of his career as well, the
P-38.  My young friend was intrigued by the two planes, and was truly
surprised that the SR-71 is an almost 50 year old design.  We had a
nice chat about the P-38 and the SR-71 as they are both beautiful
designs with some funny similarities.

--
Steve Desjardins