Thanks for the comments, guys.

I don't do anything particularly elaborate with the conversion. Import as DNG, LR B&W High Contrast Preset, a few tweaks with the exposure and black levels, maybe bring up the shadow slider a bit. Then get out and shoot some more.

Here's another gallery of X100 shots.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/12/10/firefighters/index.html