Beautiful. The light vignette and the touch of noise really works for me.

On 24/10/2012 12:08 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
Vocalist Yuko Miyamoto at jazz saxist Bobby Hsu's gig at The Gate 403
in Toronto on Oct 19.

http://www.flickr.com/bruce_m_walker/8117649662/lightbox/

This was a dimly lit club set where I was struggling to get any
non-soft shots at all. At one point I accidentally bumped the mode
dial from Av to Tv and it set a high shutter speed of 1/160th, then
underexposed at f:1.4. Astoundingly these few shots -- until I found
the dial set "wrong" and set it back -- were among the sharpest of the
evening. It looks a lot like handholding at low shutter speeds
contributes to much softness that I'd thought was bad focus. I'm going
to explore this fast shutter in the dark in future.

K20D, DA* 55/1.4, 1/160th, ISO 1600. Lr 4.2.