I concur with Don and give the nod to Sunset in the forest: beautiful.

Given your simple criteria, you won't do much better than Flickr.
Especially if you intend to make any use of the organizing features
(like sets & collections) or the social networking (groups, contacts,
comments). 500px is "cooler" but very weak on both those points so
I've bailed.

At the free level Flickr will only display your latest 200 shots to
others, but that won't be a restriction to you for a while. :-) The
Pro level is $25 per year, so it's damned cheap. Lifts all the
restrictions and gets you statistics.

There are noises from Yahoo that they are going to be spending more
money and time on Flickr, but who knows.

I think Tumblr is an alternative (of sorts), but there's more work
involved than Flickr. All the other good ones want some money
(SmugMug, etc.).

--
-bmw