Boris,

I suspect you are aware of everything what I've written below..
But I am surprised why you asked, so, maybe there is something
new for you in this.

I didn't have experience with GoDaddy's hosting per se, but I see
your options as follows:
1. Use one of the existing dedicated photo-hosting services,
such as Flickr, Smugmug, 500px.com, ...
(BTW, 500px has a "cyber monday special" right now: https://500px.com/upgrade )

Personally, I would probably choose 500px, not sure at which paid level -
depending on what is needed. The reason for that is that I just don't
like flickr's own interface.

Cons: If you read ToS for all such photo-hosting services cafefully,
you'll find that you are giving them the rights to use your photos as they
like (non-exclusive license to publish, ditribute and use the content).
While it is clear that they need it to be able to display your photos
that you choose to make public, by this clause you grant them much more.
Some photographers are not comfortable with that.
Besides, the photo-hosting can take your photos hostage (as it has been
done recently by fotki.com)

2. Use a web-hosting/co-location/... (depending on the level desired)
and upload your own static galleries like those created in LR, JAlbum,
etc. (e.g. as Brian Walters does it for PUG).
Pro: You own everything and have full access.
Cons: Galleries are static. You have to regenerate/reupload them
if you need to change something.
You cannot have one photo appearing in several sets (without duplicated
copy - for each set).

I am currently using this route (when I have time to upload photos..  ooh)

3. Advanced webhosting/co-location VM/server/...
..with a Content Management software that essentially duplicates
the photo-hosting websites. I don't know if such software exists
(at the level comparable to that of Flickr, not just primitive homegrown
javascript/php/... scripts).
If you find such software, please let me know.

Igor