Firstly, many thanks for the encouraging comments. I will follow the posts
with interest & look forward to the annual book.

I am a retired Analytical Chemist living in Phalaborwa, a small Lowveld town
in the extreme NE of SA supported by copper & phosphate mines. The climate
is hot with about 530mm rain per year. I love being in the bush & we are
blessed with having the Kruger Park right on our doorstep. In Kruger, I find
many tourists are more interested in flaunting their expensive equipment
than actually taking photos.

My photography has been quite amateurish & has progressed from a Brownie box
& one of those fold up things (medium format!) in my youth to an S1a at
university & later to K-mount. I did my own processing in the B/W days but
stopped when I changed to colour (prints & slides). Only the ME Super still
works & I have been shooting a couple of rolls a year.

In 2011 I was given a C*non 500N with short & long Sigma zooms & decided a
C*non digital would be the answer so I bought a 1000D at a bargain price on
a sale. Sadly, the old Sigma lenses are not fully compatible & can only work
in AV or M modes at max aperture. Plan B was a S/H K110D body on which I
could use the the FA 28-80 & 100-300 from the dud Z-70. So far I am quite
happy with this combination & can also use all the other lenses in M mode.

I feel a need to expand my photography beyond the stereotyped family &
holiday stuff & hope the list will help me to do that. I have never tried
street or  studio photography. Game photography can be exciting but it takes
luck & patience to get unusual shots which tell a story. I still find myself
"trapped" in film mode & haven't got used to the idea of taking a series of
shots yet! And then - post processing - still a lot to learn there.

Best regards

Alan