On Feb 5, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Aahz Maruch wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 05, 2013, Doug Brewer wrote:
>> On 2/3/13 3:11 PM, DagT wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.thrane.name/Pictures/PAW/files/page7-1000-full.html
>>> Pentax K-5, DA*16-50mm, f/2.8, 1/50s, ISO100.
>>
>> +1
>
> The thought occurs to me that anytime someone posts photos, it would be
> handy to post the original alongside (particularly for cropping
> comparison, but also any other changes).
> --

Yes, but what is an "original"? If we shot a jpeg, it will be modified at least
through down-sizing for web-viewing. If we shot PEF, does conversion to DNG
make it not original? If DNG or DNG conversion, many of us have some pre-set
tweeks in exposure or sharpening or color balance even before we start working
on the resulting "original" to get to the final edited image.

stan