I posted your image of a runner in the snow at my running club's Valentine function last night. People were amazed considering it was still 30°C in Phalaborwa at 5pm. Many people here have never seen snow or experienced very cold weather. If we ever have snow, it would have to be "Baked Alaska".

Alan
From: "Christine Nielsen" <ch...@inielsen.net>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 6:09 AM
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: GESO: Blizzard at my house & a question re: cameras in winter

Hi all,

The past few days have provided a nice break in the usual action
around here.  I took the camera out yesterday, along with my shovel,
thinking I'd get a few neighborhood scenes... Well, it was harder than
I thought it would be, just getting out of my own yard... though I did
consider strapping some tennis rackets to my boots as snowshoes...

Anyway, a few shots here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23028562@N04/sets/72157632736739251/with/8464137448/

Now for my question...
I learned long ago that it's a good idea, after being out in the cold
with your camera, to bag it up in a ziploc & then let it come to room
temp for a couple of hours before using/retrieving sd card, etc.  All
in the name of preventing condensation/moisture from getting into the
camera & messing with the electronics, etc.. Here's what I wonder:
1) How many of you do this?
2) For a weatherproof camera, like the k-5, is this "less necessary"?
Especially when combined with a WR lens...?

Thanks for your thoughts...
:)
-c