On 15 March 2013 00:01, Zos Xavius <zosxav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I watched that.  I like the design of those  cameras. The  xpro  is  kind of
> really sexy in a way,  BUT I really don't like the  xtrans  sensor.

What don't you like about it? Its colour? its size? Or is there
something technical about it that you don't like?

>The k-5 is  better in certain ways  and better at high iso too. There are also
>still problems with lightroom  and quite honestly I do not like that fuji
>over  reports iso by a half stop to make their camera look  better in
>comparisons. The k-5 IIs  comparisons I've  seen show that they both resolve
>similar levels of detail, but I believe the IIs edges it out  and  is almost
>comparable to the  5dmk2 in terms of resolving power.
>
> No weather proofing or shake reduction either. Bummer. I know the longer
> lenses feature  IS,  but my k-5 has it with every lens I mount.

Fine. If that's important to you, then it's not the camera for you. If
you want something that's small, light and takes a wide range of old
MF lenses then, in my opinion the X-Pro 1 is a great candidate.

>I think I still vastly  prefer a  dslr  ovf to a   rangefinder  too.

Last time I looked it wasn't a rangefinder. Just checked; it still
isn't. It's an autofocus mirrorless with a superb optical viewfinder
and the option of a pretty good OVF too.

>Different  strokes.  Nice  street camera though  if they  ever get  the af to
>dslr like  speeds.

AF speed is fine for me. And anyway, it's still possible to set a
hyperfocal distance and shoot happily all day without worrying. That's
what I've been Doing with my MF Pentax 28 2.8 and I'm quite happy with
it.

Cheers, Chris