I like the shot and actually prefer the second tighter crop. For one thing the
tighter closer view helps the viewer see more of the subtle texture on the
metal surfaces of doors and locks. But I think the second crop could be
improved if you moved the right edge one way or the other. I would have the
edge a) bisect the locks, b) hide the locks, or c) show the locks completely,
but with no space further to the right.

stan