My wife said he looks angry too.  Maybe he doesn't like having his photo taken.
 They're not aggressive at all; they eat nectar so I don't think human flesh
would be on their menu.

He came back this morning while I was having breakfast but I only caught a
glimpse before he flew off.  They're one of those birds that's often heard and
rarely seen.

Cheers,
Dave