You have two options and, depending upon the album pages you have,
maybe the first one won't work.
The photographs got into the album pages somehow. Usually they just
slide in from one side of the mat. I'd remove the images from the
pages and scan them that way (if I were going to scan them at all).
This complicates your disassembly/reassembly of the album, but it's
doable.

I don't know that I'd use a scanner at all. I think I'd just a digital
camera to make the copies in the first place. The only thing you will
have to worry about it having everything centered and (especially) the
camera back parallel to the print you are photographing. Ideally you
would want it lit from 45 degree angle so you don't get an reflections
back up at the camera lens.

--
"Photography is a Bastard left by Science on the Doorstep of Art" -
Peter Galassi