From: Aahz Maruch
From: Aahz Maruch
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

This old building soon to be razed for a new development.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/8641854465/lightbox
Soon Gone #1 - Douglas 2013

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/8642955740/lightbox
Soon Gone #2 - Douglas 2013

Are these scans of old photos or photoshopped?  If the latter, why?

Don't forget new photos taken with old film cameras?

That shouldn't account for the weird stuff around the edges that looks
like a deteriorating old print.

Although I think the borders are probably Photoshopped in these images, I have seen similar effects scanning negatives on a flat bed scanner.

As to "why?", why not?

You do what you want with your photos, Godfrey does what he wants with his photos & I try to do what I want with mine. It ain't rocket surgery.