Bong Manayon wrote:
Most camera makers have 'branded' items of sorts such as water bottle,
towels and apparel (Canon has an umbrella, Pentax does not...).

It's just more proof that Pentax is not a real competitor anymore. If I can't get an umbrella for my camera system, then why would I want to stick with them? All the big guys do umbrellas, come on Pentax, what are you thinking! :)

But yeah, agreed, the watch is a 'cute' addition for marketing; I'm sure they'll give them away to various resellers (if they still have any...) or high profile users (ditto) as incentives. And they'll probably sell ok in Japan. All companies of any size do this kind of stuff, I'm not sure it's a sky-falling example really. If anything it's positive that they are doing *any* brand-recognition/marketing activities.

- Peter