From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Alastair Robertson
Sent: April 21, 2013 3:48 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT - Coffee terminology in the USA

don't get a americano - it'll be one shot with half a litre of scalding hot
water on top.  Better to ask for two double espressos plus one cup 1/4
filled with hot water and another with steamed milk.
Then pour the espressos carefully into each cup- it will be a little bit
like a long black and a flat white.  Or you could print this out
http://primocaffe.com.au/preparation  and take it with you to show to the
barista!

As David says - good luck!!!!

Alastair

On 21 April 2013 11:43, Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:
> G'day all
>
> On my forthcoming trip to the USA I'm just going to *have* to find
> good coffee.
>
> In Australia, when my wife and I go to a coffee shop, I order a 'long
black'
> and she has a 'flat white'.  I'm fairly sure that I would get odd
> (possibly even unfriendly) looks if I ask for these in the US.
>
> Does anyone know the US equivalents?
>

> --
> Cheers
>
> Brian