Rich Carstenson is a young man that lives in Iowa.  He grew up in
Nebraska.  The subject of much of his photography the rural area
around both states.

I noticed him on Google+ and asked him to speak about his photos at
the Omaha Camera Club a few months ago.  He's a genuinely modest and
nice guy.  Tech guy by day (programmer, I think) and part time
photographer for fun.  He doesn't rely on a lot of equipment but does
incredible work with what he has.

I really like his work because the photos are taken around here in
what a lot of the world thinks of as the "flatlands" or "flyover"
country.  I've heard the phrase "If you want to take more interesting
photos stand in front of more interesting stuff" so often.  I think
Rich's work proves that a creative photographer can make dramatic and
interesting work wherever he or she may be.

This isn't exactly Pentax related (I think he shoots with Canon.)  But
I think a lot of us on this list may find his work inspiring.  If
you're a G+ user you may want to circle him.

<https://plus.google.com/u/0/110144539481645247047/posts>

GS

George Sinos