At 00:18 29-3-2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Perhaps, but I doubt it. Pride in workmanship is pretty rare in
>my industry. I care about what I do, but I seem to be one of the
>rare ones.
>
>William Robb

Had to jump in here and have a good old moan about a photo processing shop
I recently went to. I foolishly thought as they made their money developing
and printing photos that they might take a little pride in what they were
doing.
I ordered 9 8x10 prints. Turnaround time was two days.
I went to pick them up and the assistant showed them to me. The first thing
I said was "they aren't very good are they. Snow isn't pink" followed by
"my tri-coloured dog shouldn't be three shades of green".
Hubby was with me, asked why the prints where the colour they were.
Assistant #1 stared blankly, assistant #2 waffled about turning channels up
bla bla.
Waited for offer to re-do prints. It wasn't forthcoming. They lost my custom.
I went to Blacks and had them re-done. Very satisfactorily

Wendy

---
Wendy Beard
Ottawa, Canada