On Sun, Jun 16, 2013, Brian Walters wrote:
> Quoting Walt <ldott...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/9036796687/
>>K-5, M-28/2.8, ISO 200, 1/160 sec, f/?
>>
>>I'm not altogether pleased with the exposure or sharpness, and
>>will probably return to the shot at some point in the future for
>>further processing. But, I rarely see Mark these days, so I wanted
>>to be sure to get at least one shot of him.

IMO that's a great exposure, emphasizing the lighting on the face.
About the only thing you could do to increase sharpness would be to stop
down a bit if you were shooting close to wide-open.  (You certainly have
plenty of room to shoot at ISO 800 instead.)

> You're being too hard on yourself.  That's a great portrait of a face
> that's seen a lot of life.
>
> Perhaps I'd do a little editing to remove or darken the background
> highlights.

Not me!  Maybe if it were supposed to resemble a formal portrait, but I
prefer candids to have some context.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/