From: Don Guthrie
I sent this July 4th but from a different machine. I suspect it was not
sent as plain text as it did not show up on pdml. Hence this attempt:

Our town had fireworks last night (July 3rd) so I get the jump on posting.

I hope everyone has a favorite. KR with 18-135. Happy 4th to all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/valdon/sets/72157634488215796/

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjGBvJUd

Well done.

I think our *official* fireworks display was canceled this year due to
predicted thunderstorms.

Not a particular loss as far as I'm concerned because they moved the
location to downtown Raleigh last year and you can't really see them
very well through the buildings.

When they used to do them out at the state fairground the sky was wide
open & there was plenty of room for people to watch them.

The predicted bad weather didn't seem to have any effect on the
unofficial displays.