This is lovely. If you click through to the larger image, it is clear
that they are birds. I put my thumb over them to block them out and
thought that the image definitely lost something. The implied movement
and life of the birds injects (for me) some dynamics into what would
have otherwise been simply a sanguine scene.

--
"Photography is a Bastard left by Science on the Doorstep of Art" -
Peter Galassi