On 7/14/2013 6:09 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 06:04:19PM -0400, Paul Stenquist wrote:
A 16 gig card in a k-5 holds 460 frames RAW.

Many of my photos were of senseis teaching on solid colored blue mats.

I suspect that my photos were more amenable to compression than many
scenes.

Note that I got about 550 frames per 16 GB which isn's hugem amounts
more than 460 per.  At a wedding, there will probably be a lot more
details in the clothes and background that'll take more space per frame.

My little bit of online research indicates the K5 PEF averages 31MB, which should give about 528 frames on a 16GB card. For planning purposes I think you'd be safe figuring 500-frames/16GB-card