On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 03:39:08PM -0400, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
> Yeah I plugged the camera in...
>
> Only thing now is I don't seem to have software on my computer to
> see the DNG thumbnails come up without clicking on them.
>
> Can't find the thing on the camera that saves in both raw and jpg
>
> ann

1)  push the "MENU" button; this brings up page 1 of the "capture" settings.

2)  use the 4-way controller (or the front dial) to move to the
    first entry - file format

3)  use the 4-way controller (or the rear dial) to move into the list
    of options, and then select the one that you want (RAW + JPEG)

4)  push "OK"

That sets RAW+JPEG to be the default.  You can also toggle through
the various options directly by pushing the "RAW" button (near the
lens mount) if you want to do something different for a few shots.