Good lord! Fifty-five horse power? Must have taken you all day just to hitch 'em up.

Heck, they only used 20 horse power (mule power?) for hauling Borax.

8-D

On 7/20/2013 11:23 AM, Zos Xavius wrote:
Wow an old Massey! The farm I worked at a long time ago had an old
55hp Massey. It was a great, reliable tractor. We had a couple closed
cab, modern 110hp Masseys too. They were amazing tractors. A couple of
55hp Kubotos (sp?) as well. Massy-Ferguson always made first rate
tractors. Cool captures. Thanks for sharing.

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM, knarftheria...@gmail.com
<knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:
All very good shots but The Old Boys is something special.

Cheers,
frank

--- Original Message ---

From: David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com>
Sent: July 20, 2013 7/20/13
To: Pentax Discuss <pdml@pdml.net>, Petch Dianne <dianne.pe...@yahoo.com>, Barbara
Brooks <bbaro...@gmail.com>
Subject: Peso The annual plowing demo

Friday was the annual plowing demo using horse and old tractor power.
Pretty windy day, it ran from 1-3 ish then the thunder storms rolled
in.

cutting the grain

using the Massey

The old boys, all local framers who started all this back in the mid
80's to keep the old ways alive. The guys 2nd and 3rd from the left
are the farm owner who host the event. The ladies make pies and jams
etc to sell for the local church upgrades.

K-5 D FA 16-45 shot in DNG

Dave

--
Documenting Life in Rural Ontario.