On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 03:14:43PM -0400, Bruce Walker wrote:
>> Now, not even my own family is safe: a niece models ...
>>
>> http://flic.kr/p/fh1Xqp
>
> A nice photo of a very lovely young lady.
>
> I think it may have been slightly improved if she had turned
> her face just a bit more towards the light.

I agree. Sadly, I had limited time with her to try variations.

> Looking a little further down the set, I particularly liked
> the photo of your sister in front of the brick wall.
> The pattern of light from the flash makes for an excellent background.

Thanks; a spontaneous one. She's a creative, was a child dancer and
has never lost the impulse to cut loose.

>> K20D, DA* 50-135/2.8 @ 70mm/F:7.1, 1/160th, ISO 200;
>> Lr + Ps + Nik + Portraiture;
>> AF540FGZ @ 1/2 power in fleaBay 30" octa umbrella softbox, left.
>
> umbrella softbox?

Yup, one of these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Photo-80cm-315-Octagon-Umbrella-Flash-Softbox-Brolly-Reflector-/300896302632

Best twenty five bucks I've spent in ages. I know it will eventually
break like all cheap umbrellas do, but I can afford to mail-order one
whenever I need another. Folds down to a very small flat package, easy
to carry around. Super light on the monopod, so everyone who was asked
to was able to hold it up.

Thanks, Larry!

--
-bmw