On Tue, Jul 16, 2013, Charles Robinson wrote:

> I set my auto-ISO to 6400 and I'm happy to leave it there.  12800 is
> just a bit too rough.

Yes and no.  That is, 12800 is "too rough" for really good large prints;
however, every time I ask myself, "Would I rather the camera lock me out
of that shot?" my answer is, "Hell, no!"

IME, the only time it's useful to limit the ISO is when you haven't been
paying attention to the settings and you're shooting a static scene at
1/5000 for no good reason.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/