George, honestly I think a photo like that defies and and supersedes any technical issues. Technical perfection can sometimes be sterile.

pdml-requ...@pdml.net wrote:
Message: 12
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 09:19:41 -0500
From: George Sinos<gsi...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: PESO - Waterfight!

This is one of my favorite photos.  Taken long ago with a Spotmatic.

I missed the focus.  They ran from a brightly lit part of the yard
into shadow and I didn't react fast enough so the original was
underexposed.  Just think, if I had the fancy auto-focus,
auto-exposure camera of today it would be be a technical masterpiece!
Well, probably not.  More likely it would be mis-focused and poorly
exposed in a different way.

  I scanned it from a 13 year old faded slide, cropped it, tried to fix
the exposure, and cloned out a bunch of junk that was cluttering up
the yard.

Anyway, as technically poor as it is, this photo has always been and
continues to be a favorite because of the content. I'm going to make a
small print.  It will make a nice addition to the family photos that
hang on the wall.

<http://georgesinos.com/blog/2013/8/5/waterfight>

gs

George Sinos