On 06/08/2013 2:40 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
I've got a photo project coming up where it would be handy to have a
decent light tent.  I've been getting by with something I made out of
a white 18 gallon plastic tub, but something that folds down like
one of these:
http://www.ephotoinc.com/super-size-photo-softbox-light-tent-cube-soft-box-48qu48.html

could be very handy.  Are there any of these softboxes that folks would
specifically recommend, or recommend avoiding?  Apart from cost, and
maybe a bit of storage space, are there any disadvantages to going
with a larger unit?  I would expect that a bigger one would give more
even lighting because the delta in relative distance between the near side of
the
object to the lit wall is much smaller.  I.e. with an 8" object in the center
in a 48" tent vs a 12" tent it's 20/28 vs 2/10.

The last light tent I bought was a very inexpensive camping tent with a white nylon shell and separate fly (camo) that I found at a garage sale for 10 bucks.

bill