On 10/08/2013 12:44 PM, John wrote:
I don't think snapshots have anything to do with "best work".
Cartier-Bresson, as brilliant a photographer as he was, was little more than a snapshooter. If I am not mistaken, his printing was done by a lab.

just sayin.

They're memories we want (need?) to keep. The important images aren't
even on the paper.

Good photographs evoke some sort of memory in us. None of the shit that is passed of as "the rules", be it compositional or technical, matter a whit if the image doesn't tap into an emotional response of some sort. What matters is does the image grab some part of you and hold on to it.

bill