On 8/14/2013 1:05 PM, Tom C wrote:
    8. Re: Found a Pentax mistake in the Super Tak 50mm f1.4
       (Darren Addy)

From: Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com>

I suppose your comment, John is that all of this is "much ado about
nothing". Perhaps you are also of the mindset that all wines taste the
same.

Great photographs are not totally dependent upon great equipment, but
that doesn't mean that there aren't differences in that equipment and
that some people will be able to notice that difference (and want to
have the better tool in their toolbelt). Certainly those who wish to
remain ignorant are free do do so. Those who can't discern the
difference would be silly to care. It is also a waste of time to try
to educate anyone who doesn't want to be educated. But I suggest that
you don't have to have the greatest pair of eyes in the world to
discern the difference and to decide for yourself which was the
superior optical design (the 8 element or the cheaper to build 7
element):

Yawn... scratch... scratch... scratch. You've awakened a slumbering
bear Darren.

Funny, because you summed up quite nicely my rationale for changing brands. :)

John probably drinks jug wines (some of which are actually OK). :)

Tom C.

All wines may taste the same, but all GIN does not. Nor, are all brands of
tonic created equal. And don't get me started on who grew the limes.

Still, I don't drink much of anything nowadays. Towards the end of my
honky-tonking lifestyle I got in the habit of being the designated
driver & it's kind of stuck with me.

I have a glass about the size & shape of a tennis ball. If I've got
insomnia REAL BAD, I'll fill it half full of wine & let it sit out for
an hour or so before I want to go to bed & try to sleep. Works better
than sleeping pills.

I do have a partial 5-Litre BOX of Merlot in the fridge. I don't remember
how long it's been in there, but I'm pretty sure it's less than 10 years
old.

No, correct that, it's an Almaden Mountain Burgundy of California. I
just went & looked. Also, there's half a bottle of Chateau Chevalier
2006 Cabernet Sauvignon from the Spring Mountain District of Napa
Valley. I know it's only been in there for a year.

I'm pretty sure I've got at least one other bottle of wine around here
somewhere, but I don't know where it's got to at the moment. The two
bottles of wine were part of a prize I won in a charity raffle.

The box of wine was so I could offer SOMETHING other than tap-water on
the rare occasions I have guests. Not everyone drinks black coffee. I
keep forgetting that other people put stuff in their coffee & neglect to
stock cream/creamer or sugar.

Lenses are indeed tools, but I haven't seen that the optical design
makes all that much difference in how well they drive nails.

But, to each his own.