My books say the average length is about 46cm - about the same as a Kookaburra. About twice the size of most other species one sees around here.

Alan

-----Original Message----- From: Brian Walters
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 12:49 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO: GIANT KINGFISHER (Megaceryle maxima)

Quoting Alan C <c...@lantic.net>:

Sorry - here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/9522062145/lightbox/

My better half caught this happy chappie on the causeway over the Sabie river the other day.

Excellent shot - very sharp and detailed.  I like his crew cut :-)>

So how big is a Giant Kingfisher?  I'm wondering if it's about the
same size as our Kookaburra, which is another large kingfisher.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters