Quoting Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com>:

My boss, knowing I appreciate a good nature shot as much as the next
guy, forwarded me this incredible image. I believe it is "going
viral", but if you haven't already seen it, it is worth a look. I?ve
seen many remarkable nature photographs over the years but this photo
of a nesting Falcon is perhaps the most remarkable Nature shot that
I?ve ever seen.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Nature is truly
breath-taking, isn't it?

http://i.imgur.com/YW6Fufm.jpg

Judging by the rear plate and the fact that it appears to be nesting in a gum tree, what you have there is the Greater Rusty Australian Falcon. Not an especially rare species but not often seen in a nest.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters