On 8/28/2013 4:57 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 04:18:50PM -0400, Stan Halpin wrote:

On 8/27/2013 6:40 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:

The LED add-on to the flash is a brilliant move, and way more useful
than the WR waterproofing. I understand the motivation to cement WR as
a brand-wide thing, but it's unlikely to be of very much practical use
to anyone. Brightly lit raindrops or snowflakes anyone?

I think Tanya already spoke to one reason for WR. In my case, I had several
opportunities to get my 360 quite wet earlier this month. Early morning dewy
meadows, handholding the flash to backlight insects or flowers, needed to set
the flash down on the wet ground a few times. On the beach (actually, in the
lake) after sunset, 30sec time exposures, manually firing the flash just above
the water level to highlight the wave caps on the lake. Near a small waterfall,
6-10 sec exposures, handheld flash near the base of the falls to freeze some of
the water. (I've entered an example of this in the September PUG.) The flash
survived, I had no problems, but my anxiety level would have been considerably
lower with a WR flash.

Was it Christine that had someone overflow a bathtub upstairs and have all of
water end up dripping right onto her camera bag a few months ago?

No, I think it was the other one.