On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 03:53:14PM -0400, John wrote:
> http://www.paulcbuff.com/cc.php
>
> I don't know if it has an app for your phone, but OTOH, it fits in
> the hot-shoe and you don't have to keep one hand free for the phone
> or worry about where you put the phone down while using the camera.

I should look into those.

A friend gave me some pocket wizard IIs (no fancy features), and they
are so much better than the cheap chinese radio triggers that I'm afraid
that I've gotten permanently spoiled.   The PCB units at first glance
seem to be a lot less expensive than equivalent PWs.

I'm a big fan of PCB, not only are their replacement bulbs (for 20-30
year obsolete gear no less) a lot less expensive than many others,
when one of my archaic white lightnings died, and wasn't repairable,
they offered me a new unit for half of list price.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc