On 5 Sep 2013, at 11:15, "Steve Cottrell" <co...@seeingeye.tv> wrote:

> On 4/9/13, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>> But otherwise, I'd go to hover.com and register a domain ($15/yr) then
>> add email service to it (classic service is plenty for most folks, $20/
>> year). Cheap enough for anyone, and hover is a breeze to work with.
>
> In the UK, I use Black Night - again, rock solid since I started nearly
> 10 years ago - support is unbelievable: I once had an issue on a sunday,
> wrote an email to tech support and had a reply that evening, resolved
> shortly after.
>
> <http://www.blacknight.co.uk/>

I can beat that. I use clara.net, and two or three weeks ago I emailed them on
a Sunday morning to ask them to enable mapi, expecting a long complicated reply
sometime on Monday if I was lucky. I got a reply within the hour, with a short
note about the settings for my email client, and it was done.

Even better, they are based on Southampton Row, so if they ever do mess me
about I can go and throw stones through their windows.