Comparative commodity pricing is hard. Not two long ago the silver in a US dime was worth a gallon and 1/2 of gasoline with gas at ~$4.00 a gallon. Inflation is not uniform across all products and commodities. I have not idea what the comparative values are now. However I'm sure the Federal Reserve Board isn't doing it's mandated job, since we have currency inflation.