I'd originally not suggested the E-M5 to Marnie as it was over her budget AND a
bit larger than she was looking for. The GX7 I suggested she might look at was
also over her budget, but the form factor (compact with built-in EVF) was in
line with what she wanted.

The new E-M1 is larger still than the E-M5 by a little bit, and it's another
$400. It will be my next camera, though ... I've been waiting for this one
since early 2012 when I sold the E-5. Knowing Olympus pro-grade bodies as I do,
it is going to be a terrific performer with my 11-22 and 35 Macro lenses. And
the Novoflex Leica-R to mFT adapter is now on order. :-)

I have no worries about the sensor performance. I only rarely find myself
needing stratospheric sensitivity settings and even the 2003 E-1 does a
fantastic job at ISO 1600, acceptable at 3200. I'm quite sure this new sensor
will perform satisfactorily at any setting I'll ever use.

Godfrey