You can export your catalog and import it into LR on another computer
no problem.  All your metadata will be in the catalog, so your rating
and scoring will travel with the catalog files.

If the image files are not on your laptop, then you'll only have
whichever previews have been rendered for those files.  Since you say
you don't plan on editing them on your laptop, not having the files
shouldn't be a problem (though you will see a warning on each file in
LR.

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com