There are good situations for when the larger sensor in a DSLR or
TTL-electronic camera, as well as the availability of the range of lenses they
can use, makes sense for video work. At least at the price point I can afford
in video cameras … Even professional movie makers choose DSLRs and
TTL-electronic cameras for some purposes to save on equipment costs. There are
other times when a DSLR or small TTL-electronic enable shots that could not be
done with a pro video camera due to size, weight, etc.

My sum-up of the LuLa article: "Just another old git who wants the good old
days to come back." ;-)

I have plenty of simple cameras that address the basics, from the stone axe of
my plain prism Nikon F up to and including my Leica M9.

And I have a couple of very complex cameras. One of the most complex is my
latest - the Olympus E-M1. It also has the best controls of any camera I've
owned, and I can configure them to work *exactly* the way I want the camera to
work, from fully manual with instant access to ISO, exposure time, aperture,
and focus, to fully automated.

I have no complaints about what manufacturers make. I applaud the diversity of
design and ideas their products represent. I choose what I want to work with
from that, and make what I choose do what I want it to. If it's too much
trouble, I sell whatever it was and buy something else that does it more
easily.

To me, that's the only sane way to do things. Manufacturers don't make a
product for 100 people, or even 1000. They never have, not for anything that
costs under $10K anyway. You pick from what they make to suit your needs best,
and adapt.

A fresh pack of Impossible Color Protection film is in the SX-70 now. :-)