Darren,

I edited your response note per the way that I used to do this sort of thing.
I found it to be pretty successful in the years I ran my business.

——
Hello Emma,

ref: inquiry about "Custer County Supercell" use
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/8850051008/)

Thank you for your interest in my "Custer County Supercell” photograph. I will
be happy to license the image and provide an appropriate hi-resolution image
file for use in Reader’s Digest. I’m sure we can come to an agreement on terms
and fees quickly. A couple of questions to start the ball rolling…

- Do you have a standard "Terms of Use Agreement" contract that you use?
Presuming that you have one, please forward it to me so that I can review it.
If not, I will be happy to provide one for your review once you provide me with
the specifics of your usage requirements.

- Do you have a rate schedule that you use for photo purchases of this sort? If
you have a standard rate schedule, we can negotiate the appropriate fee based
upon that. Otherwise, I price photo licensing using FotoQuote Pro and other
industry tools for photo licensing estimation, based on the terms of use
desired.

Thank you again for your interest in my photograph. I am delighted to do
business with you and await your prompt response so that we can set the terms,
the fee, and the deliverables schedule.

best,
——