On 21/11/2013 4:56 AM, Jan van Wijk wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:25:22 -0600 Bill wrote:

This stuff is fun.
I put the bellows and the hundred macro onto the K3, and mounted the whole
thing to a Chinese focusing stage.
I then shot 16 images (I don't know where 36 came from) and loaded them as
Photoshop Layers.
A couple of quick commands and voila.

Hmm, anything special? Does Photoshop directly support focus-stacking somehow?

In Camera Raw, select all the images you want to work with and open them. Do whatever adjustments you want, but don't import them into Photoshop, just click done. This locks the adjustments.
Again in Camera Raw, go to tools/ photoshop/ open as layers .
The files will all be opened as layers of a single image, rather than as discreet images. Select all the layers, and Edit/auto align. Depending on the number of layers, how big the open file is and how fast your computer is, this might take a while. After the machine has chewed through that, Edit/auto blend layers. Again, you will get to sit and watch your machine churn through the images, and then, like magic, you have one layer on top that has everything in focus.
Flatten image and your done.

I missed the focus in a couple of areas anyway, so I decided to run it through
Portraiture/ Glamour for kicks. See if I could make it into art.

K3, 100mm Bellows Takumar on Bellows K. ISO 100, f/8, 10 seconds per exposure.
Enjoy

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/pictures/experiment1.html

Looks quite good to me!

Thank you. I'm not 100% happy with it, but this is technical photography first, so I won't be happy until I have it right.

bill