Derby,

I had the same impressions (both), as described by Godfrey.

As for specific photos, - I thought that the one on p.57 appeared a bit
too dark. I especially liked photos on p.67 and 55.
A rather strange pose on p.35 caught my attention.

Please, excuse me, I will provide an additional comment about
something that makes my eye a bit uncomfortable is the crop in some
photos that cuts off some odd portion of the legs (feet).
There is some magic formula of how much of a limb one can cut off so
that it looks fine. I don't know how to formulate it, it's just how I
feel. I actually remember seeing some website about a year ago that was
discussing what portion works and what does not. Unfortunately, I don't
remember where it was.
Those are photos: 37, 61, 45, and to a lesser extent 57, 55, 51.

Well, I just googled, and found this chart:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18i6o34ozkql8jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg on this
page:
http://lifehacker.com/5991733/avoid-amputating-people-in-your-photos-with-this-cropping-cheat-sheet
I think it works along the lines (pun intended) of my intuition.

Best regards,

Igor

Wed Nov 27 17:04:23 EST 2013