On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 02:24:16AM +1100, Rob Studdert wrote:
> The edges aren't that bad on the Sigma 10-20/3.5, they are better than
> the Sigma 14/2.8 and the old Pentax A15/3.5. At 10mm wide open it's a
> soft right at the extremes but generally if it needs to be used wide
> open then light is poor anyhow and the image doesn't suffer for the
> lack of edge sharpness.
>
> On 8 December 2013 01:14, Zos Xavius <zosxav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not a big fan of the sigma WA zooms. The edges on the 10-20 aren't
> > great IMO.
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> It looks mildly interesting, unless you have a Sigma 10-20/3.5 which
> >> is no optical slouch, is less than a stop slower, provides a more
> >> versatile focal length range, has HSM focus which allows full manual
> >> override and is cheaper.

I've found that the 2/3 stop between f/1.4 and f/1.7 can make a big
difference, and that shooting indoors with my 8/3.5 I tend to get a
lot of that "artsy subject motion blur".  I'll be very interested in
seeing how this lens works.

If Samyang ever starts putting their optics in lenses with autofocus,
Tamron and Sigma will be in serious trouble.  Then again, if they start
doing that, their lenses won't be nearly so inexpensive.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc