Any of the first three versions of the Vivatar 70-210mm Series 1 lenses can be had for between $70 and $190 depending on model and condition, and as you probably know the third Version can be had in A mount. The Pentax F 70-210 can be had in the same price range. Good copies are very good indeed. If you don't need a zoom and can live with stop down metering then the M 200mm f4.0 is very sharp and light for a full frame metal body lens, and the K 135mm f2.5 and the K135 f3.5 are also excellent optically, additionally you can put the K135mm f2.5 in a sock and use it as a weapon if required. I have used all of those eon my *ist-D series cameras and on the K-20D.