Alan C called it a "backkie" & I had to look it up. That's why I put the
word in quotes. It's not a term in common use here in the U.S. I don't
think. And I think I misspelled it. Should be "Bakkie", no 'c'.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bakkie

(Engineering / Automotive Engineering) South African a small truck with
an open body and low sides
[from Afrikaans bak container]