On 12/12/2013 11:36 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:29:21PM -0500, John wrote:
On 12/12/2013 10:43 PM, Peter Loveday wrote:
http://sam-haskins.tumblr.com/image/34125592632

Damn, look at that grain!

Pentax must've really used some terrible sensors back in the '60s.

- Peter

You could easily switch to one that suited your taste better.

But they were only single use.

At one point I was wondering what it would take to use film as
archival storage of digital photo data.  What sort of data density
could you get on something like microfilm?  It would certainly last
longer than DVDs or spinny drives.

For long term post-apocalyptic data storage density, I don't think you
can beat microfiche. Just tuck 'em inside a couple of nested zip-lock
storage bags. Double the bags over and seal the closures with duct tape
& it will probably survive the heat death of the universe.