I agree, I shot 1929 images on a single Pentax fully charged battery
in the grip on one K5 last night but that's using back button focus,
no image post view, no flash and no video and minimal chimping. I gave
up putting an additional battery in the body when using the grip as
I've had too many battery related lockups.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours