USB drives are not network drives, but you do have to watch out for the
message "such & so is too large to fit in the recycle bin. Do you want
to delete it permanently?" (or some such).

I think they may still be recoverable even then if you don't write
anything else to the drive after choosing permanent deletion, but it's
going to take some kind of un-delete/file recovery software to do so.